Dues help the union maintain the strength it needs to win strong contracts. No other investment gives you so much in return. Here are a few of the things that Local 400 negotiates for:
- Wage increases
- Safe conditions on the job
- Employer-paid health insurance including vision, dental and prescription drugs
- Reasonable workload requirements
- Job security and seniority rights
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Protection from unfair treatment and favoritism by the boss
Your dues are spent solely to benefit the membership. Along with your one time initiation fee, your dues dollar helps pay for:
- The salaries of the member action representatives and growth organizers
- Experts who voice your concerns to city, county, state and national legislators on issues of concern to working families
- Compensate attorneys and pay the union’s share of arbitration cases
- Local 400’s award winning union magazine, the Union Leader
- Per capita dues which sustain our share of the UFCW International Union costs and those of other local, state and regional labor organizations with which Local 400 is affiliated.
The UFCW strongly believes that workers should have a voice in their jobs. The only way to have a true voice in your workplace is to have a union contract.